Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The month in review: August

  The month in review for August 2011. August was a tumlutious month that just went by lightning fast! It on started  August 1st when I came back from my trip from Las Vegas. I absolutely loved the state of Nevada. You guys ROCK. My return was rather a tumultuous one.I missed my flight and after leaving the kids with my parents, I just wasn't prepared for keeping up with two energetic babies. Can we say, brutal?

So I took a lot of naps....(really I did)


After our trip, I was happy to show off the baby's new attire. My Gordito ( Chunk) looked extra spiffy in his new outfits we purchased in Vegas. They say stripes are in vogue this fall season. Mua baby!



In August, Sunday breakfast continued to be the norm. We found an awesome breakfast joint in the coolest part of town. Thanks to my hubby who works so hard for us to enjoy these types of "outings"



and of course, the most thank-full is Lexi who's heart is ALL Daddy's!



and in August we continued with our daily walks; sometimes to the park, grocery store and post office. To my surprise, my 2 year old has become more managerial over the baby. Yes, she bully's him but most of the time she lives for the moments where she can tell him," NO"! Just like I do with  her.  She is my little mother


Unfortunately, one of the saddest events in August was when we lost our stroller. The photo below was our last walk in the double stroller. That day we went to the post office to run a very important errand, and since the weather was very HOT, I bought my daughter a small ice cream cone at the Diary Queen for being so cooperative.



BUT, we didn't let a lost stroller steal our joy. The last couple of weeks in August were spent park hunting. We were super ecstatic when we found a free and Eco-freindly water park. Forget the beach! My children went absolutely nuts when they arrived here. We loved it so much, we went for a whole week straight!




But, lets not forget the beach. We live near the Great Lakes, so of course I had to make some trips to the lake where I had many great photo sessions with my daughter. Her development never ceases to amaze me,  she is talking more and more everyday. I also noticed that she "pretend" plays now. The funniest thing she said this month. " Oh, I love cupcakes, Oh soooo sweet"! LOL.




and finally, In the month of August I know I spent a lot of time thinking about my youngest baby approaching his1st birthday. We ordered a special cake for him. I can't wait to show you all how cool it is. Knowing he is my last child, it weighs a little heavy on my heart. Especially seeing how Lexi grew up so fast. This September 3rd he will turn 1 years old and I keep thinking to myself, how the heck did it go by so fast? My baby and I co-sleep together at bedtime and lately I have been holding him a littler tighter. I brush his soft thin  hair with my fingers and take in every moment I have with him as a "baby"....hoping time goes a little slower..


 I hope you all had a spectacular summer.September welcomes Hispanic Heritage month, so I will be looking forward to reporting many wonderful local events in the Mid-West. 

No comments:

Post a Comment