Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's Monkey Mayhem with CURIOUS GEORGE!

HMH. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. PBS KIDS (R) Public Broadcasting Services


Just a few days ago,  I was so delighted to receive a CURIOUS GEORGE package on my front door  courtesy of PBS KIDS® and Latina Bloggers Connect. The package included a Bilingual book called, “Jorge el Curioso” and a set of DVDs containing new episodes featuring CURIOUS GEORGE. Of course, my two year old daughter brashly grabbed the book right out of my hands. She is a big Curious George fan, and it’s so thrilling to watch the same excitement in her face that I had when I was a little girl while reading CURIOUS GEORGE books. Although, I must say, my daughter is very lucky because I get to read the book to her in Spanish! If you can’t read to your kids in Spanish, that’s OK because right now in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, PBS Kids will air episodes of Curious George with his friend Marco during the week of September 15.
 
The month of September is definitely monkey mayhem, and If you’re a Curious George fan like my family is, I promise you, you don’t want to miss out on the new season premiering on September 5, 2011 with an all new episode called “Auctioneer George”. There will be ten brand new episodes this season. Since we're  fortunate to receive a screening of the new season ahead of time, I can tell you first hand, you don’t want to miss it. Their sixth season focuses on a new art theme that encourages children to explore science, math, and engineering. My daughter’s favorite episode was “SockMonkey Opera” set to air on September 5th. In this episode, Betsy gets the chicken pox and can’t see her favorite opera, so she sends George in her place. My daughter just got a kick out of George performing. 

As a stay at home mother who is always trying to find new and encouraging techniques to educate my children, CURIOUS GEORGE is where it’s at. Especially if you want to educate your child on Hispanic culture, make sure to toon in on the week of September 15. The stories of CURIOUS GEORGE are dear memories of my childhood and now I am pleased to see that they will be those of my daughter's. What is your best memory of CURIOUS GEORGE?
HMH. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. PBS KIDS (R) Public Broadcasting Services

My daughter loves Curious George

Disclaimer: All opinions on this post are 100% mine. I was not paid for this post, however, this post qualifies me to enter a random drawing for monetary reward

13 comments:

  1. I grew up with Curious George! Your daughter is so cute.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ~your newest follower

    www.theclumsycoquette.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a cute and fun blog here thanks for visiting me I am a follower of yours now

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grand daughter LOVES Curious George. She is gaga over him. We saw him at Universal Studios this summer and that was the highlight of her life. I can't wait to see the new episodes with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Curious George. We really need to switch back to PBS from Disney. PBS is so much more educational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool, Curious George in Spanish
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughters absolutely love Curious George! They have several Curious George DVDs and have watched them over and over. Following your blog now! Stop by and check mine out when you get a chance. http://freebiecorner.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ~ Thanks for stopping by Tips for Saving. I'm now following your blog, and I would love to add you to my new blog roll. I would love for you to grab my button to add to your site or my link to your blog roll.
    Thanks so much and keep in touch!
    http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who doesn't love Curious George, I loved exploring your blog and thought the Halloween costume for your daughter was precious. I hopped by to become your newest GFC follower. Have a fantastic week! http://www.kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for stopping by and of course, who doesn't love Curious George, righ? He has been so ingrained in our lives since we were children!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of my boys love curious george! It's a great show :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I like your Blog! I'm following your Blog & Twitter! I hope your visit! Have a wonderful Week!

    Namaste!
    http://mamiholisticaygenial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Latino Jorge! I've always loved monkey and he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the picture of your daughter. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete