This blog is under construction, so bare with me please. I took this photo last week when my daughter and I were walking around the rose garden. Sure, there were plenty of healthy firm roses, but, this one had character and strong details. I thought it was beautiful in it's own unique way. Lately, I have been thinking a lot about my big sister who lives in Orlando. She just got engaged and will marry within 7 months.My children are going to be the flower kids so it will be an exciting event for the whole family, accept, one little unfortunate detail... the groom's mother's has cancer. His mother Debra fought Leukemia a couple of years ago and unfortunately, we found out yesterday that her cancer has returned in her spine. She will undergo chemotherapy this whole month and will need a bone marrow transplant. Debra is only 47 years old and a mother to two children and three grand-kids. She is fighting for her life, and what I admire about this woman is her extremely positive attitude. Her son took a photo of her and shared it on Facebook. She has visible bandages all around her neck and chest, but she is dressed in casual dressy cloths. Her hair is combed nicely and although her eyes look weakened, her smile is strong. Heck, I don't even look that good on a regular day, which shows you she is not letting this thing take her down, the woman is a trooper. This is what she responded to us on FB what we asked her what we could to do to help her, she said," Pray for the cure for all not just one...if they find even one the rest will follow...I know this in my heart". and this my freinds I leave with you tonight to think about. Let's raise awareness on this terrible disease.Check out some great information on Cancer Awareness.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Mas VIDA
This blog is under construction, so bare with me please. I took this photo last week when my daughter and I were walking around the rose garden. Sure, there were plenty of healthy firm roses, but, this one had character and strong details. I thought it was beautiful in it's own unique way. Lately, I have been thinking a lot about my big sister who lives in Orlando. She just got engaged and will marry within 7 months.My children are going to be the flower kids so it will be an exciting event for the whole family, accept, one little unfortunate detail... the groom's mother's has cancer. His mother Debra fought Leukemia a couple of years ago and unfortunately, we found out yesterday that her cancer has returned in her spine. She will undergo chemotherapy this whole month and will need a bone marrow transplant. Debra is only 47 years old and a mother to two children and three grand-kids. She is fighting for her life, and what I admire about this woman is her extremely positive attitude. Her son took a photo of her and shared it on Facebook. She has visible bandages all around her neck and chest, but she is dressed in casual dressy cloths. Her hair is combed nicely and although her eyes look weakened, her smile is strong. Heck, I don't even look that good on a regular day, which shows you she is not letting this thing take her down, the woman is a trooper. This is what she responded to us on FB what we asked her what we could to do to help her, she said," Pray for the cure for all not just one...if they find even one the rest will follow...I know this in my heart". and this my freinds I leave with you tonight to think about. Let's raise awareness on this terrible disease.Check out some great information on Cancer Awareness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great post! And yes, I hope they find a cure soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog...following you back!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com