Monday, September 26, 2011

Art Art Art... Art Prize Comes To Town!

I am so excited to report that one of the most awesome events in the world takes place in my very own city, it's  called Art Prize.  Art Prize is the world's largest open art competition in the world. They also  give away the world's largest monetary prize than any art competition. It's a fun and healthy event for the whole family, and most importantly it has a strong economic impact on the city. You can read more about Art prize here. I am just so excited to see all the traffic that has come to town and everyone walking in large crowds.  I am most excited about the children's week of Art Prize because my children can get to be involved with the festivities.  So much to photograph, I really can't wait to share with you all. I have just been waiting for a good sunny day. Art prize lasts for 2 whole weeks and whats best is that the public votes for who win's the big $250,000 grand prize. 

I have listed some great articles on how Art & Museums  are  beneficial to children! When I was a child, art was everything.




Art prize tracks from previous years



 A little update on my little monsters. Well, it's no surprise that they are growing every month. My little boy is no longer a baby. He is a WALKING toddler. We took  him to get his 6th month immunizations ( we delay vaccinations) and he took it very well. He came in at the 80th percentile for his age group. We are trying to wean off breastfeeding, but that I am sure will come in time. His favorite word is Mama!  He is due for a hair cut. No doubt.

My little Lexi bug is as healthy as ever. She just went through another growth spurt during the past week alone. Before the spurt she measured in at the 75 percentile for her age group. She talks a lot now. Every time she opens her mouth she has something so silly and amazing to say ( at least to me as a parent). When she wakes up in the morning she says with so much excitement, " Look mama, look!! The sun is here, the sun"! She has really started to mature and grow out of her terrible two's stage. Don't get me wrong, she is still a wild card and  she has her meltdown moments, but it's  reassuring to know that that she is listening so much more. She is also fully potty trained. What was I stressing about this whole time? 

11 comments:

  1. Such adorable kids! They grow up so fast, it feels like yesterday that both of mine were that age. I agree that Art and museums are so important for families and communities. My grandfather was an artist and has taught my daughter to love art in all shapes and forms. I love taking her to art museums so she can learn from them.

    Thank you for being my 100th follower! I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kim, Thats cool that your gramps was an artist! Thanks for stopping by

    Thank you Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures!!! Me encantaron todas!

    www.comiendoenla.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog. Awesome pics and cute kids!
    I am your 100th follower! Yay.
    From the Tuesday blog hop
    http://pmaynardwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias comiendo en LA

    Pam: Whoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! stopping by from the mom bloggers club! now following via GFC and networked blogs!

    http://livinthemommylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics, thanks for sharing. We also delay and just got my daughter her first ever vax this month and she is 7 months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg the last two pics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, stopping by from the Wandering Wednesday Blog Hop. Followed your blog. Hope you can follow me back :)

    http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome they come to your town. My husband and I would have loved that. It looks so cool. Thanks for stopping by the blog and following. I will gladly follow you back. I love your blog and your kids are adorable! I'm looking forward to reading along :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great pics, you're a natural.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Salma

    ReplyDelete