![]() |
| Photography by Photojournalist Darcy Padilla |
My most favorite type of photography is Photojournalism. I want to share with you all the work of photojournalist; Darcy Padilla . She was awarded the prestigious W.Eugene Smith grant to continue her documentary “ Julie Project. ” Her work in the documentary intensely intimates the story of the life and death of Julie Baird spanning 18 years and provides an in-depth look at poverty, AIDS, and social issues affecting American Society. Her photos are so REAL and vivid and I think what intrigues me most about this project, is that the photographer followed her for 18 years. Now, that's dedication. Overall, I think her photography is pretty amazing and if you can take one thing away from her work; its that not all photography is "pretty", it's life captured in the moment your living it, whether its a wonderful moment or sad one.

No comments:
Post a Comment