Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Art Prize-- Mommy and Daughter Explore


Art Prize has been in town for the past week in a half. Art Prize is the largest open art competition in the world. They give away the world's largest monetary prize than any art competition at 250,000 for first place. The public makes the choice on who wins by voting.  It truly is a beautiful event that happens in the city. The art is spread throughout downtown so there is a lot to see. Some venues are outside, others are in stores and halls.  I thought it would be a nice idea to take my daughter to Art Prize; just me and her! I think it's great bonding time, especially since the baby 13 month old has taken most of my time between the both of them. I really enjoyed taking her today. She was great company and she really appreciated the art work we toured. There was lot's of "ooohh" and "ahhhs". I really didn't expect that kind of reaction from her. I really admire the excitement in her voice lately. " Look mama, look"! She is a trip. I will take the next couple of days to tour Art Prize with her as part of what I am calling " operation restoring bonding time" lol. Here are a few of the pieces we saw today. 






5 comments:

  1. Isn't it such a wonder how different it feels when you are alone with 1 kid instead of chasing 2? Those moments were almost enchanted, just to be able to focus and give all of me to my oldest. Your photos and blog are beautiful. So glad to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to Art Prize sometime. As yet our munchkins are too little. Maybe next year.

    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you have time stop by my giveaway, it ends at midnight. http://ramblingsofacoffeeaddictedwrter.blogspot.com/2011/09/90-miles-to-freedom-review-and-bookmark.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Emontez147: Totally different and very enjoyable! Thanks for the add :)

    @joselyn: Thanks a& thanks for the add!

    @Billy, Thank you for stopping by and will check out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just imagine her big beautiful brown eyes looking in awe. Such a smart cookie, I'm glad she had fun!

    ReplyDelete