Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cherishing my memories: Queen Of Her Castle


 I am participating in a link up hosted by A Dance For 5. The theme is centered around photos and stories of our best past memories.Unfortunately, I do not have many photos of my child hood. I can count about maybe 6 photos of myself when I was 5 and under. I beleive the reason being is that my mother was terrible at photo taking. Her after shots were of grass, body parts and chopped heads. In addition to her terrible photo talent,  I  just don't think she enjoyed taking photos very much. Perhaps, this is a big reason why I enjoy photography so much as an adult. I found this photo of myself at age 2 ish  I can already tell by looking at this photo that my daughter looks nothing like me. She took on her father's tall and slim physique however, I think it's safe to say we loved the same things including pretending to be the queen of our own kingdom, and what little girl doesn't? Cinderella was certainly  one of my favorite princess characters as a child, and now it seems to be my daughter's. We got her the Cinderella costume for the Halloween season and she refuses to take the dress off! On our first event wearing her dress we couldn't get her out of the front door with a coat on! " I am a princess, right mommy"? My daughter Lexi says with so much promise in her voice. At our trip to the zoo, we had a very fun and eventful time while my daughter danced in front of a live audience and got to see the many animals the Zoo has to offer. In this case, she was queen of the Zoo animals. So much fun! :)












                                                                            

7 comments:

  1. Your little queen is so adorable! And what a fun venture to the zoo...not here..too cold :) Cinderella was my favorite princess growing up, too! Thank you so much for linking up! Hope you come back...and don't worry it doesn't all have to be about our childhood. I plan on posting about my last pregnancy next week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vivian &Great, Look forward to next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! She makes a beautiful princess! What a great link up, I remember when all parks used to have those metal play structures!!! I don't have many pictures of myself as a child either ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh looked like it was so much fun!
    What is your princess's favorite animal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marcela, thanks! Glad I am not the only one. Its kind of sad :(
    @Mom Fashion; She love
    s the monkies for sure. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos! And what a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pictures. I am returning the 'stopping by' and your newest follower. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete