![]() |
| Lovely snow day |
![]() | |
| Driving down the streets: By Eyevida |
![]() | |
| The birds singing in the snow: By Evevida |
It's been a beautiful winter. Jack Frost certainly kissed the earth this morning and left us with a beautiful view. The photos don't do justice. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping with delight, as if they too knew how amazing it was. If you could see, the snow glitters from the lsunlight and every little drop of snow trickles down from the sky so gracefully, it's almost as you can hear a musical twinkle. Oh, but don't let good looks deceive you, there is a cruel and bitter chill from the Mid West winters. Baby, Its cold outside! I must say, one thing is for certain, I will always be thank full for expercing the grace left behind by Jack Frost. When I was a little girl, I would open my mouth during a gracefull snow fall to eat up the snowflakes. It was the most amusing thing to do. I really don't know a kid or an adult who hasn't done it and if you haven't, your not living. I caught my 4 year old daughter opening her mouth with lauphter and excitment, trying to catch the snowflakes. It must be a natural human reflex.
It's been a great experince being able to be surrounded by so many different nature scenes. The truth is, I never really had the time to explore it all. Or at least that is the excuse I always told myself. But, things are going to change this year. I live a small drive from Lake Michigan and a few hours from the Sand dunes. Chicago is around the corner and I am a few hours away from Canada. There is so much around us. After the snow passes the season, it's time to explore what I have been delaying for so many years. It's going to be a good year.



No comments:
Post a Comment