Friday, May 31, 2013

Finding Inspiration In The Rain





Iv'e been utilizing my new 40 mm pancake lens I bought for my Cannon DSLR( It's an upgrade to the 50 mm). It's good to capture macro type subjects, I haven't completely fell in love with it, mainly because I am still learning how to use it. I was photographing items from my garden this morning, this flower in particular is a long stem purple Iris. Personally, I think it's one of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen.... this year!

 In Michigan, we have been experiencing heavy rain fall and record low temperatures. It doesn't surprise me because, well, it's Michigan! I am however, struggling to find inspiration in this indoor weather. Unfortunately, I am not like many Mother bloggers who like to craft, I don't have the skill or the patience for it. Its painful.  I do however, like to art. I tried sketching illustrations today until my children invaded my work space. Pff, did I really think I was going to have free time with two toddlers around?!  No way! My daughter on the other hand, found inspiration in drawing me. Check out that lovely potato head of mine! My 4 year old proudly said," Look Mama, I drew you ears, because people have ears"!

Finding inspiration today was tough until I went through my library collection. I rediscovered the man that has most inspired and captivated my heart as an 8 year old girl. This man had it right, Shel Silverstein that is! I owned a few of his books when I was a little girl. I loved his books so much I even slept with them at night. I was captivated by the illustrations and catchy poems. They were the books that took me away from all my troubles. Interesting enough, reading his poems today as an adult make more sense now than they did back then. My most favorite poem  is " The Mask". Everyone has their own interpretation of the poem of the Mask. Some say it signifies atheism, while other say homosexuality. Personally, I think its about soul mates.  It's passing by the opportunity to unite with "the one", at least in this lifetime. I always admired his plain and silly illustrations. He was pretty rad.





No comments:

Post a Comment