So, the other day we were at Sam's club and I saw these really cute sketching kits. I thought they were adorable and I wanted to pick up drawing again, so I bought me the watercolor and sketching kits. Actually, I only put in the Sketching kit in the cart however, the hubby surprised me and put in the watercolor when I wasn't looking. How sweet of him! :) I am really excited about picking up drawing again especially since I am going to take an online watercolor course instructed by up and coming artist and blogger extraordinaire
Alisa Burke. My greatest concern is that I wont have time to draw as much as I would like to. I already have Lexi wanting to touch everything I am doing. This is going to be challenging.
So today I took out the sketching kit out and I feel like I did pretty well. I have not sketched in years it seems. So this sketch I did was of a portrait that was hanging on a wall at a Mexican restaurant we ate at today. Hey, I had to draw something. It was of a macaw parrot on a table next to what appeared to be a big Mexican pot, yarn box, drum and a pin doll.I wasn't to impressed by the painting itself but I loved that it was a piece or art that kept me guessing on who and why did the person painted the portrait. I am going to go out on a limb and say it was a woman. Anyways, below is my final product. I broke my scanner so it's snapped it on my iphone, obviously enhanced to give it a vintage look.
No comments:
Post a Comment