Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Birthday Fit For a Prince.








 I hope my son forgives me for the God awful amount of sugar on that fondant cake.  I had to do a separate photo session with him since the lightning at his party was very dim. As you may have read, my last child turned 1 years old a few days ago. On his birthday we took him to a local water park where he splashed around with all the other big kids for at least an hour and a half. We know he enjoys that place so much and all the big kids love playing with him so we knew this park was perfect for his day. The following day we celebrated his "party" at a Go-cart center. It was the first time I ever hosted a child's birthday party. I think I did pretty well and kept costs low. I decided not to buy him  any gifts  since he has plenty of toys at home including those of his big sisters'. I know my husband was a little shocked when he saw the cake I brought home. He was puzzled and  with a grunt he said, " this is a wedding cake"! I told him, "well, these types of cakes are trending with kids right now" [ BIG SMIRK] and I continued to explain to him that Adrian is my last baby and we decided we are no longer going  to have any more children( this is definite);  SO therefore, I am going to make  his first birthday special for ALL of us! I must say, It was a great day indeed. Everyone at the party had a good time. My parents and family had nothing but similes on their faces and to see them smile and happy makes me happy.  I have yet to give my daughter a big party, so I promise to make it a special day for her 3rd birthday this coming December.

9 comments:

  1. So cute! That cake looks delicious! Following you! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that cake looks so CUTE! (Not to mention yummy!!!) Don't worry-I'm sure he'll forgive you. He sure looks like he enjoyed himself!

    I found you on MBC. I'm now following you. I would love for you to visit and follow me as well! www.thegleemansbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture with the cake is amazing! lol Too cute! Happy 1st Bday to your little prince!

    Thanks for checking out our blog! We're following you back! :)

    ~ Montreal Fashion Moms ~
    www.montrealfashionmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie, and that cake is beautiful! Looks like he's already forgiven you for the sugar, it looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! LOVE that cake - did you make that?
    Following you from Mom Bloggers Club!
    Adorable photos!
    http://multitestingmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all!

    @Multi-testing mommy-- no it was special ordered. She did a good job, the taste was rather bland unfortunately which is typical for Fondant cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cake! I am a new follower from the hop.

    Please stop by and follow me at - Free eBooks Daily. (You can even read the ebooks on your computer or smartphone!)
    http://www.freeebooksdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's an awesome birthday cake! Happy birthday little man!
    Char
    The Epic Adventures of a Modern Mom
    http://1epicmom.com

    ReplyDelete