Saturday, September 24, 2011

Historic Homes-- because they are fun to photograph!






The city I live in has one of the largest urban historic districts in the country.We have over 1,300 homes dating from 1848 and they represent over 60 architectural styles. My favorite has always been the Italianate homes. The dutch ones are kind of cool too. The neighborhood that surrounds these historic homes is called East Town and it's an up and coming neighborhood. East town reminds me of  SOHO, NYC. Oh, and it's no NYC ( I don't think anywhere in this world comes close to it) but it has that same bohemian chic vibe to it. It's very culturally diverse and everyone wants a piece of this neighborhood right now. Although, what I am showing you in these photos are simply the historic homes.  I will take more photos of this neighborhood later down the road.

15 comments:

  1. love these homes!!!! i am a homes fanatic as well. I should do a pst similar to yours because we have some beautiful homes that i like to gaze at and pretend to see myself in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These homes are so beautiful! Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Judy!

    Zerique: Oh nice, post yours!, I def would love to see how they differ from state to sate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty! I would photograph them too! I am visiting from Boost Your Blog Friday and I am a new follower! Hope to see you around soon!
    Have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these pictures! The homes look amazing! How fun to live near such a beautiful area! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I love your pictures!!!! Great job!!!!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comment. I look forward to reading your blog posts.

    Lioness- Your Newest Follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on under 100. Looking forward to your posts.

    Robyn
    HTTP://raisinyankees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Homes great pictures. I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower pls follow back via GFC, networkedblogs fb and twitter
    http://queensnycmom.blogspot.com


    Thanks for following me doing same right back

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a sucker for this very thing. I spend a lot of time designing and decorating my dream space in my head so I always look to photos for inspiration... thanks for a few more good ones.

    Also, thanks for visiting our blog. We are happy to be introduced to yours and will be back!

    Metch

    www.mindogandmetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures. I'm a new follower from Monday Blog Hp on MBC. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    ~Cat
    http://livinglikekingsburys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much, everyone! Enjoyed reading your comments

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love historic houses, too. I would love to live in an 1800's house. They have some much character. Beautiful pictures!
    Sarah @ made in usa challenge

    ReplyDelete