I don't know about you, but when I held my little girl for the first time, I was so thankful to God for giving me a beautiful and healthy child. I loved her so much and I did what any good loving mom would do; I made sure she had the best of everything. I bathed her in clean water every day, I breast fed her and took her to all her doctor follow ups. I even made sure she wore the best clothing that would cause the least amount of irritation to her skin. Unfortunately, millions of mothers in the world don't even have one of the options I just listed.According to this news article, almost 9 million children die each year before their 5th birthdays—that's more than 24,000 children each day (ABC news). I know some of you may feel like the problem is too large and out of your control, but I think we as mothers can all start somewhere, even if it's just a discussion. I am please to mention that here is an excellent campaign going on right now called, The Million Moms Challenge. The campaign focuses on crucial issues that are a priority for all mothers. According to their motto; It's a campaign for hope. A movement for change. Spread the word! You can "Like" the Million Moms Challenge Facebook page. or you can join the discussion with a group of very enlightening and intelligent women.


Thanks! I will definitely check it out!
ReplyDeleteHi Vivian, no problem! :)
ReplyDeleteStunning photos :) Really captured the moment here!
ReplyDeletethank you Mellisa.
ReplyDelete