Saturday, October 8, 2011

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month


October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. It is a month I hold dear to my heart, and it’s really great to see the involvement in the community. From marathons to fundraising events; it’s great to see we all can help the cause in some shape or form and thanks to social media, now you can help spread the message through Facebook! I am pleased to share that Hanes®, the No. 1 brand of apparel essentials is going Pink! You should check out their Facebook page. The company has launched a Facebook application where you can send free virtual  care packages to friends and family. What is great about this Face book app is that for each package you send to your friends, Hanes will donate $1 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. The National Breast Cancer Foundation serves to save the lives of women by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education. The foundation also helps provide free mammograms for those in need so just know that for every time you send a care package via FB, you are helping someone and you are helping the cause. I already downloaded the Facebook application myself and sent a few care packages to family members. It’s really easy and simple. The care packages I sent to my mother included photos of my daughter, fun songs and recipe tips. It’s a very fun and creative way to spread the message of breast cancer awareness. It only takes a few minutes and it does not cost you one penny! What are you doing this month to help spread the word on breast cancer awareness?




Disclaimer: This post was brought to you by Hanes® & Latina Bloggers Connect.  All opinions on this post are 100% mine. I was not paid for this post; however, this post qualifies me to enter a random drawing for a monetary reward

No comments:

Post a Comment