Tuesday, October 11, 2011
To GrandParent's House We Go!
These are my parents. My husband and I made a pact that my parents will be called "Grandma and Grandpa and my husband's mother and father in law will be called abuela and abuelo; which is grandma and grandpa in Spanish. We really don't want to confuse the children. I remember going to my mother in law's home and seeing the shyness and let down in my daughter's face when it was not my mom. My daughter Lexi adores my mother. She dreams about her and asks for her all the time. They have a special connection them to and of course my mom is that grandma that spoils my daughter. Not saying that my mother in law doesn't, but she is a very busy woman who is always on the road working and she hasn't quite bonded with my children the same as my mom.
These photos are from this past weekend, I haven't been to my parents home in months. Usually I wait until they come up north to see me. They live over an hour away from me and in these times with high gas prices, making an hour trip can be very costly. My state alone has some of the highest gas prices in the nation. I forget why that is. Something about the Midwestern pipelines. It's pretty ridiculous. However, the time the kids spent with my grand parents was priceless. My daughter just adores my parent's dog and she enjoyed racing my father. She has grown so much the past year. Such a great time we had! By the way, my son is rocking his new hair cut. My husband took him to his barber and chopped his hair off. I am trying to get use to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






These are great photos! I have a feeling my mother in law is going to be the favorable grandma between her and my mom. She lives two blocks away and this is her first grandbaby so my little girl will definitely be spoiled!
ReplyDeletesuch fun pictures, I love how natural they are!
ReplyDelete@Sean Marie; Oh for sure! Your daughter is very lucky to be that close!
ReplyDelete@Jaymi, thank you :P
Oh my Goodness, these pictures are so cute!!! Your children are beautiful; I just want to pinch your sons cheeks. Thanks so much for connecting. It's such a blessing to meet you.
ReplyDeletebeautiful! What a cutie. I'm following back, thanks for stopping by. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you LC and Mrs. Sanchez! :)
ReplyDelete