Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Princess Turns 3

My little Lexi bug turned 3 years old! Where does the time go? She is our spoiled little princess, but  you wouldn't know it because she is so polite, caring and loving. Don't get me wrong for a second, girl can drive mommy a little crazy. However, if I can describe her in one word it would
be sensational. She is THAT child that will light up a room with her charm. For her birthday we hosted a party at a local go-cart and family fun center. We only invited a handful of guest. I had envisioned a very large blow out party but decided last minute that a small party with a handful of guest would be best so we could better budget for more important things we have in store for her this year like her dancing, swimming and her soccer classes. We baked about a million cupcakes, and the majority of them I donated to a local shelter that hosts women and children who are victims of domestic violence. I think that meant so much more to me than hosting a "big" party. I am a big fan of cake decor and fondant cakes and I was extremely disappointed in the birthday cake we purchased. I think we were overcharged and the taste was awful. Dont get me wrong, I loved the look. The barbie on top of the cake was a Latina barbie which we thought was so neat however,  If I learned anything about this party and my son's party back in September. I really want to start making my own fondant cakes.



















7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to her. She is darling. And what a fun cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake and cupcakes. Too cute. I'm a new gfc follower from the finding new friends hop. I'd love if you'd stop by my blog too.

    Lisa
    http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Happy Birthday to your little (adorable) princess on her 3rd birthday! :) I'm a new follower - thanks for following Little Bit Of Wonderful! :) Looking forward to seeing more of your cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday little Lexi! I no longer purchase cakes from the store. My mum makes them and I buy the accessories to decorate them. You just have to have a simple sponge cake and you can do wonders. Also invest in different size and shape cake pans and you will be set to make your own delicious cakes. The cake is okay, but I am sure you could have patched one together, purchased an inexpensive doll which you then would stick on the top if the cake! I think it is great that you donated cakes - what a wonderful , kind gesture. Anyway, your newest follower. Speak Soon. Have a lovely day. Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous!!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little sweetheart!!

    I'm with you, I would love to learn how to be a cake decorator. Nothing like Buddy from Cake Boss (although that would be so cool! LOL!) just enough to be able to bake amazing cakes for my kids and possibly put a few extra dollars in the bank account. :)

    I'm your newest follower from http://chasing-chickens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday to your beautiful princess! the party sounded great...good for you for donating too!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete