Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Moving on With The Tides
The photos you see are from our recent trip to Miami Florida. If you would like to see more of my trip photos, please feel free to follow me on Instagram, my tag is iVida ( I follow back fellow bloggers). I've been on a long blog hiatus. As a stay at home mother, I am out numbered by two children who are under the age of 3. So, I don't have a lot of time to myself. My son who is now 18 months old has started running and getting into all sorts of unimaginable trouble. They nick named him "the climber" at our gym day care. He even broke a bone under the care of a family member watching him ( he is OK, recovered quickly). Point in short; we cant leave him alone for even a second. He climbs and destroys everything! Well, so much has happened since I last blogged but I think the greatest heart ache was when I lost my friend Belen. I knew her for over 8 years via the internet. This was a time before social media even existed. This was a time before I met my husband or had any children. We were in our early 20's and shared blogs( back before they were popular). She was more than just someone I knew online, she was family. She leaves behind a 10 year old son, a 1 year old daughter and tons of people that will love and miss her greatly. In this age, we live in a new era where friendships extend beyond the human eye, and just because we shut down our computers at night, doesn't mean we shut down our feelings for those we have developed friendships with thousands of miles away. I was going through photos and comments she made on my Facebook page and my daughter asks me " why are you crying mama? why are you sad?" and I smiled at her and told her, "I am not sad baby. I am happy because she was my friend".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend!
ReplyDelete