Friday, January 25, 2013

She did turn 4


 

She did turn 4. My once little chubby bunny baby has now turned into a little girl. She is tall and lean like her father, although, compared to the other girls her age, she is still  fairly small. I live in a very heavily Dutch American populated city, so the girls her age are very tall. Her favorite Disney characters right now is Mérida from the movie BRAVE. The cake we purchased had a photo of her we took at Disney World. Of course it tore my heart that she did not want a princess cake, or something girly and pink. Nope, she is warrior who shoots arrows and rides horses like Merida. This is the year I start home schooling the girl. She is still on a waiting list for a Pre-K Montessori program, luckily, we live in a very kid friendly city where activities for children are an abundance. Unfortunately, the weather does not work in our favor. We have a lot of exciting plans for our Lexi Bug this year. Looking back in photos, I just can't believe how fast time flew by. In 2012, I was working hard and rarely saw them. The mother guilt grows in me and wishes I could have done so much more for her. I do the best I can with what I have, and sometimes all I have isn't enough in my eyes. However, her little hugs before we sleep is ever heart warming, and when she says to me, " your the best mom in the whole world", than perhaps, just maybe...... I am doing something right.

 Here is to 4 candles to the cutest and smartest little bug, let's make it a even better year!

No comments:

Post a Comment