You may notice I tend to photograph my daughter more than my son. Well, the reason for this is because my son does not like to be photographed at this stage( unless I bribe him into it) Also, he isn't as animated and free spirited as my daughter. She is easy to photograph, just loves attention and she loves the camera. My son in the other hand, is very reserved and serious.I tried to get him to smile in this photo session.. just once!! He wouldn't do it. He instead looked at me with discontent and was desperately trying to run to a near by playground. What can I say? Sometimes in photographing you win, and sometimes you have no chance. To help others who struggle to get that special capture, I have compiled a list that will help when photographing multiple toddlers.
Tips for Photographing Toddlers
2). Bring snacks: I don't care how old you are, who doesn't like free food during a required event? Food and snacks takes off the edge at any age, and it helps mommy too!
3). Avoid Fluids: This is important. Make sure the kids use the restroom before going out to any event. There is nothing worst than shooting a session and having one of the kids scream, " I have to go pee pee"! Even worst, finding out there is no bathroom in sight.
3). Shoot at their level: If your tall, you must get down on your knees or bottom. Get down to their level and make sure your in paralleled with your subjects eyes.
4). Catch them being them: The most allure and stunning aspect of photography is capturing your subjects being them. Let them play, let them scream and let them run. I have found my most profound photography of my children is when you let them be, and capture their smiles and beauty when they are not looking.



No comments:
Post a Comment