What I found interesting about this activity is her perspective on life, especially, her perspective on me! On our most recent journal entry, I asked my toddler, "what makes mommy happy" and "what makes daddy happy". When I asked her on what made me happy, she said, " ice cream and roman noodles"! Oh dear, my secret love affair with food had been exposed by my four year old, heh. I asked her the question again and she paused with uncertainty. I asked her again, " Lexi, don't you know what makes me happy"? She finally said, "Jesus and ice cream"? Alright, she through me a bone and I glady accepted the answer (Ha). I than asked my daughter, "What makes daddy happy"? Without hesitation, Lexi said, " Me..... I make daddy happy". Ok readers, all together now... "AWWW"! It appeared to me at that moment that she was more logical about the question than I gave her credit for, and I was a little taken back that besides food, she really didn't know what made me happy. Perhaps, my children are use to seeing me in full blown mother mode ( you know, cracking the whip and going ape shit by dinner time). Whatever the explanation, journal exploration is great activity with young toddlers because it opens up discussion. With these questions.I can open up the conversation to other deeper topics, and I as a Mom adore it. It's also a great keepsake for my daughter to look back when she is older, and when she does, I hope she knows, her and her brother make me the most the most happiest---happiest ever and always.
| Drawing of my daughter. A picture of Mom and Dad. |
No comments:
Post a Comment