Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This use to be my playground



Its funny how life repeats itself. In more ways imaginable. I took Lexi to my old child hood park back home, remarkably enough almost every piece of equipment was still there from when I was little and young, only now, everything was old and withered. 25 years later and the park still stands, and there I was standing with my little girl watching her climb on the exact same metal bars I use to try to climb her age.
I stayed with my mom for a little less than a week while my husband Al went to a gamer tournament, my mother pointed out the obvious to me while I was looking drowned in stress. She told me i need to give my daughter more loving attention and that I am speaking too her like an adult too much. She was right. Dont get me wrong, I love my daughter more than anything else in this world, you can read yourself in this blog alone how much i expressed this however, the toll of the whole pregnancy and the birth of a newborn really put a strain on my relationship with her. I realized when she was clinging to my mom and how she refused to let me hold her that I needed to make changes quick. I needed to learn how to not lash out on her when the going gets ruff. I need to learn to hold her more and tell her how much i Love her. I am sorry Lexi. I am so truly very sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment