Monday, June 13, 2011

Chicago --Crown Fountain

Downtown Chicago has really amazing  art & architecture. Particularly at Millennium Park The culture is so rich and vibrant, you get almost the same feel your in NYC, only Chicago is just a little smaller and a little less crowded. If your at this park, you have to see Crown Fountain in Millennium Park. It was designed by Spanish artist Jaume Plensa. Personaly, I think it's brilliant!  According to their web sight, "The fountain consists of two 50-foot glass block towers at each end of a shallow reflecting pool. The towers project video images from a broad social spectrum of Chicago citizens, a reference to the traditional use of gargoyles in fountains, where faces of mythological beings were sculpted with open mouths to allow water, a symbol of life, to flow out". Check out the fun time we had. I thought it was great how everyone was splashing in the water and a lot of kids had their bathing suites on. It was a real  fun day to remember.





1 comment:

  1. I love millennium park! When I lived in Chicago I used to love to just sit and watch the kids go wild. Also lunch at the Park Grill is so much fun in the summer months!

    ReplyDelete