Saturday, August 13, 2011
Let Her Dance
Our little Lexi-bug has been attending dance class for the past year. We started in February after she turned 2. She loves to dance and you can hear her in the back ground at class yelling, " again, again"!! after they complete a dance session. Our greatest challenge is the mother who does not wake up on time to take her! We only have one car at the moment and if I need to use the car I have to drive my husband to work at 5:00 am. Sometimes I can do it, most of the time,I CANT.Lexi always wakes me up in the morning and taps my head and says, " mama, dance class"! She absolutely adores dance class. This summer they decided to mix in the 2 and 3 year old's together, and boy, do we know who the 2 year old's are. They are the ones that don't listen! Lexi is no exception. She is a very high spirited toddler who marches to the toon of her own drum, so I decided to take a little break from dance class until she understands that when I am calling her in public, she needs to listen. I was finding myself running around like a chicken calling her name and Lexi yelling back at me " NO"! So right now, we are working on "taking mommy seriously" while we are at home and that " no, means, no". I know the issue is most likely her having to grow and develop a little more to understand that concept, so until we can get closer for her to understand that, dance class is taking a break. No worries, we will back in time for Ballet 101 in the winter. Our Lexi bug is a dancer. I would never force it upon her if she didn't enjoy to go, but she LOVES it and asks for it, so dancing it shall be for her. We will let her dance.......a little later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



She is just darling! I need to get Audrey into something like this, she loves dancing and dressing up!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand why you decided to take a break...as adorable as a 2YO in a tutu is! I took my girl for the first time when she was 2 and all she wanted to do was run around the class in circles. I decided it was a waste of time and money.
ReplyDeleteWe went back when she was 3 and a half and it was a completely different experience! She loved it, was totally immersed in what the teacher was saying and doing and even got to perform on stage for the first time!
Tu niña está bellísima!!
Hi Ana!
ReplyDeleteOh, you know those terrible two's, hopefully my lexi-bug will tame down a bit. Thanks for stopping by!
This is darling!! She looks so adorable in her little tutu! Good luck to little Lexi in her dance journey!
ReplyDeleteFollowing you from MBC! :)